|The Library was built in 1804 and originally known as the Spaulding Homestead. It was Daniel Spaulding himself, who, in 1851, opened the library in his home and became the first librarian. The building was eventually deeded to the town and became known as the Fitzwilliam Town Library in 1912.
The original 250 books purchased when the library opened are still on display.
For more information about today's Library go to: Library Web Site